Adopting inappropriate Italian names

by Edoardo

A friend of mine was surprised when in an Italian cafe she ordered a "Latte" and was given a glass of milk. What is commonly called "Latte" abroad is called "Latte macchiato" or "Caffe e latte" in Italy. Just as "Espresso" and "Cappuccino" are called by their proper name, why not "Latte"?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Italian food customs from your experience.